Saturday, May 28, 2016

Curly hair

Fashionistas Barbie No. 14 Powder Pink Dress
I got this doll for my birthday. She is my first doll with the new Barbie mold. I really like it, especially compared to the bloated Generation Girl used in the recent years. As much as I don't fancy classic blue eyed blondes, I am happy with this one - she looks young and fresh and has terrific curls.

Dostałam tę lalkę na urodziny. Jest moją pierwszą Barbie z nowym moldem. Naprawdę mi się podoba, szczególnie w porównaniu z rozdętym moldem Generation Girl uzywanym w ostatnich latach. I jak nie przepadam za błękitnookimi blondynkami, tak z tej jestem zadowolona - wygląda młodo, świeżo i ma świetne loczki.



Fashionistas Barbie No. 14 Powder Pink Dress - 1st (right) and 2nd (left) ed. - sorry about the quality of the photo I've taken at the shop
Back of the box

 I was really surprised to see that there are two variants of this doll. The doll on the left is the second edition - her box shows newer dolls, there is a number 14 added on top right, her hair is slightly lighter and her face is a bit different: bigger eyes, wider smile. The boxes of both said "made in China", so it's not the case of country of origin variance. Back of the box was also different - mine had just a few dolls, the other one had a whole collection.
I kinda liked the new version more, she reminds me of the elusive "one year" Sindy (1988?), but I ended up with the 1st ed., because I couldn't find a single flawless big eyed girl. Their face paint sucks!

Byłam naprawdę zaskoczona tym, że są dwa warianty tej lalki. Lalka po lewej to druga edycja - na pudełku ma nowsze lalki, dodano nr 14 na górze po prawej, jej włosy są nieco jaśniejsze i ma ciut inną twarz: większe oczy i szerszy uśmiech. Na pudełkach obu było napisane "made in China", więc to nie jest przypadek różnic spowodowanych krajem pochodzenia. Tył pudełka też się różnił - na moim było tylko kilka lalek, na drugim cała kolekcja.
W zasadzie bardziej podoba mi się nowsza wersja, przypomina mi nieuchwytną Sindy "jednego roku" (1988?), ale wybrałam 1. wydanie, bo nie znalazłam ani jednej wielkookiej bez wad. Ich malunek twarzy jest do luftu!

Sindy Hot Pop Star and 1st ed. Fashionistas Barbie - this is a much more contemporary Sindy and the less similar version of Barbie, but they still look a lot like at least cousins.

Sindy Hot Pop Star i 1. wesja Fashionistas Barbie - to bardziej współczesna Sindy i ta mniej podobna do niej wersja Barbie, ale i tak wyglądają co najmniej jak kuzynki.


Sindy, Basic Jeans Barbie and two Fashionistas
She reminded me about other curly-haired dolls I have. :)

Przypomniała mi o innych lalkach z kręconymi włosami, które mam. :)
Barbie Fashionistas (geometric print skirt), Barbie Basic Jeans (Steffie mold), Barbie Fashionistas (powder pink dress), Hot Pop Star Sindy








8 comments:

  1. Piękna! Piękna jak letni poranek :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I want to wish you a Happy Birthday! I do really like this new Barbie you got. I got the first version of her too. I did rebody mine to an articulated body. You do have some very pretty dolls with the curly hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like her too, more than I'd expect. I need to rebody her one day. I have a soft spot for curly hair, although they are a bit difficult to manage at times.

      Delete
  3. świeża jako to kwiecie polne :)

    ale i tak niunia pt. Steffi mą
    całą uwagę kradnie - no cóż,
    toż to moje jasnowłose marzenie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wszystkie sa przesliczne choc tak od siebie rozne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pięknie jej w tych błękitach:)

    ReplyDelete